Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well, Cole's potty training didn't last very long. After 2 days he did NOT want to go to the bathroom and would say "NO!" then go in the other room and pee.  He wasn't ready but thought it was fun to try it for a day or two I guess.  So we are back to diapers. Oh well.


Lyla is walking now. She isn't totally steady but she can manage about half way across the room before she falls. I think she gets nervous because she will start to lock her knees and try to walk like Frankenstein and then of course, falls.  Last week she was an absolute different person. She was definitely not feeling well. She slept poorly, was teething and had a rash on the back of her neck.  She cried a lot, didn't even try to walk or talk and wanted to be held.  She isn't completely through with it because she is still teething and back to two naps.  We had been doing one nap for about a month I guess.  I miss my cheery Lyla and worried that since it was going on for so long that she suddenly was going to turn into this beast of a toddler. But slowly she is getting back to herself. I don't know what it was, but it was bad. Trust me. She didn't even want to play outside.  She didn't even try to play in the dirt. Yes, this girl can't wait to get into dirt.  She even loves to rub food all over her.  What a nightmare to clean.  Cole was always so neat and liked to be clean. He rarely needed baths - once a week was good for him.  She needs one almost every day.  Somehow she is always a mess.  A cute mess. But a mess.


While we were in Austin a couple of weekends ago, Lyla crawled into the toy closet, climbed up onto a chair and played "work".  I found her in there like that. I wonder what she was going to do to get down.  She loves to climb.


I think Cole was nearly two before he even attempted to get up this ladder.  Not her!  She could do it before she could walk. This picture is funny because she is pushing out her belly and making silly faces. She was so excited to get up there and eat!


Cole watched a "Thomas & Friends" video with Cannon while we were in Austin. Guess what? Now he is hooked. We use Netflix to watch them on our Xbox. I actually thought they were SO BORING, but what I realized is the old ones using toys with eyes that move are boring. The new ones with computer animated faces are very, very cool.  We watch "Thomas and the Kite" mostly.  He loves the song and gets really excited when the words come up at the end.  He still loves Toy Story and Cars but now we have a new love.  He was always calling all the blue trains "Thomas" so when I pointed out there is a number on the train associated with each name his eyes grew big and wide.  I can tell he is already starting to memorize them.  Love this kid! He is all boy but with the cuddles, hugs, kisses and gentleness to endear him to your heart forever. For example, last night at dinner he was stroking my left arm as he ate.  At first I thought I didn't really notice, but then it went on and on until he practically leapt out of his chair to press his head to my chest and squeeze the life out of me.  Is there anything better than that?!

After dinner, it was time for baths and BOY were they on something. Cole swam and spewed water everywhere.  Lyla was on a giggle fest and kept falling in the water from laughter.  Blood shot eyes to prove it!


And finally, I also took some videos of them

PLAYING


KISSING


and SAYING HELLO


Oh my cuties! I just love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment