Saturday, March 12, 2011

On our afternoon walk today, Cole decided to explore the piles of dirt nearby our house where they are preparing to make new roads and build homes.  When the workers are not there I will let him touch the "feet" of the tractors if they are easily and safely reachable. Well, today he wanted to touch one that was over a rough terrain so I didn't want to take the stroller there but it was still close to me.  Cole decided to walk there by himself.  I warned him that if he wasn't careful he would fall and maybe get hurt.  He made it there safely but got really excited on the way back to the stroller and yes, tripped.  He got up, dusted his knees off and looked at me and said, "Told you, fall. Told you, fall.  Told you, fall."  All the while shaking his head and raising his eyebrows looking down. I laughed but inside I was thinking, "Do I ever say that! If so, I must have said it one too many times if that's what he thinks right after he falls!"  Eek!  Still it was funny to watch him basically reprimand himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment