Monday, April 26, 2010

2-Month and 18-Month Updates!

I pulled out the infant playmat the other day and Cole was SO excited to lay next to Lyla for some fun. She was pretty thrilled to have him there too.

But pretty soon the fun turned into a cuddle fest for Cole. He first tries to pick her up and since that doesn't work he lays next to her and pulls her in close. Then he tries to snuggle with her like he does with us - on top of us - but that's not so good with a little baby!


(NOTE: So apparently, one of the time Cole actually got ahold of my camera for a minute without my watchful care he changed the video settings and this awesome video is VERY poor quality. So you'll have to look hard to see what is going on.)

So little Lyla is now 2 Months!! Her well-check went, um, well. She is now 10lbs 13oz. Cole wasn't this big until he was almost 3 months and at that time he was 2 inches longer so he still seemed little to us. I call her my little buddha because she is so cute and chubby like one. I love it! But after saying that, she is pretty average - 50th percentile for weight and head size. She's only 20th for length but that could change in a matter of days really. Lyla still spits up and vomits quite a bit in her sleep - a sure sign that the reflux continues. The doctor says holding off on starting solids has been found not to be true so is suggesting we consider it at 4 months as it usually helps with the reflux. I don't know. We'll see how it goes. She was pretty well-behaved during her visit too but I totally forgot to give her Tylenol when we got home. Cole always handled all his immunizations so well that I didn't even think about it. Well, a few hours later her leg was so swollen and red and she was SHRIEKING. She would try to sleep through it while I was holding her but even then she would wake up and scream. I felt so bad for her. I've never heard her make that sound before. When I finally did get her to sleep, she was exhausted and well, she is still sleeping and it's been 4 1/2 hours!


Now Cole at the doctor's office is a completely different story. He is crying and kicking the minute we walk in. I brought lots of things to try and distract him and once we were in the room alone he was fine but after someone walked in, everything falls apart. Poor boy. I decided to just give him the rest of his shots today (3 left) so we won't have to have any more until he is 4 years old. Hopefully, over the next 2 1/2 years he will get over his fear now. But the nurses handled it all in stride with both of my babies screaming at the same time, Lyla wanting to go to sleep and Cole justing wanting Mama and OUT of there! Can't say I blame him though.

And finally, as promised, the video of him saying "more". I realized today that for a few weeks now he's been saying "door". It dawned on me because he says it the same way he says "more". So I tested to see if it was right. I pointed to the door and asked him what it was. He said "Doh" just as he says "Moh". Eeek! He has been going "Doh, doh, doh" for DAYS. I just thought it was gibberish but it all makes sense because he loves shutting all the doors, going to the doors and asking me to open them, etc. Hmm...I wonder what else he has been saying...???



Whoops! Almost forgot to provide the stats on Cole. He normally floats between the 5th and 10th percentile for weight. Well, for all those who wondered if he really is getting enough to eat (because he kind of picks, although since we've tried to give him more freedom to feed himself and *GULP* make a mess, he eat A LOT more) he is now 20th percentile. Doc was very pleased. He is 23lbs and 32.5 inches tall (55th percentile for height).

No comments:

Post a Comment