Friday, August 28, 2009

Baby News

Nothing really exciting to note but thought I'd fill you in on the new baby. My nausea has now ceased (THANK YOU!) but I'm still so tired and since I'm still nursing I struggle to stay hydrated and nap. I went to the doctor on Wednesday and heard the heartbeat again. The first time we heard it, it was about 154bpm. Wednesday it was 150bpm. I think Cole's was always in the 140's but I can't recall exactly.

We have the next doctor's appointment and ultrasound on October 5th. Yes, we will find out the sex of the baby then as well. Which brings up the next topic and new poll - Girl or Boy?

Chances it's a Girl: I wasn't at all sick or tired with Cole. Different sex or simply second child? Slightly higher heartbeat. Normal or Sign of girl?

Chances it's a Boy: Rick's father only had boys. Rick's Grandfather only had boys. Hmm...

What do you think? I'm excited about either option. A boy would be easier since we have all the clothes and the boys would have so much fun growing up so close in age. A girl would be fun because it would be new and we would at least have one of each already.

P.S. A gender predictor based on the mother's age at the time of conception predicts a girl.

Also, I think I forgot to mention that they changed my due date to February 22 when it was the 16th. I don't mind. The baby will come when it wants to come anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were pregnant again...... maybe I really should cancel my song for next month! I hope you get to feeling better. I was very nauseous with both our girls. I'm not one for actually throwing up & only did once or twice with both of them, but I had nasea all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops.... I meant "nausea" not "nasea" in that last sentence.... I'm an MT... I should know how to spell that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so fun! I cant wait to find out for reals! Good Luck! I hope you tell us!!

    ReplyDelete