Friday, July 6, 2007

Rees Reunion 2007

After breakfast with the Hymas and Allphins we met up with my friend Anne Grenzebach. She and I had about an hour to talk as I hopped in her car and she followed Rick to Fruitland, UT where our family reunion was. I was afraid we wouldn't get a chance to see each other but we at least had some time together. It's so fun to visit with friends you haven't seen in awhile. I would have loved to have had more time to visit even more. I have so many in Utah now!

The Reunion started Tuesday, July 3rd, in the afternoon and we left Thursday, July 5th in the morning to catch a plane back to Austin. We camped in our new "luxury" tent (as it's about 160 sq ft with 6ft roof) right beside a mountain stream. It was so peaceful. The aunts and uncles stayed in a cabin lodge. It was the ideal place for a reunion and we enjoyed every minute of it. Rick realized he has a knack for playing horseshoes as we won the competition (by no help from me at all). I think it's all those dart games he used to play. We hiked up the nearest mountain on Wednesday and took in some spectacular views. It had been so long since I'd been hiking, it was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We're already looking forward to next year's Reunion.
Every year an auction is held at the Reunion in order to raise money for the next. Kylene auctioned her massage services and got a hefty bid for it at $65. Jefra framed some pictures of nature that spelled "FAMILY" and brought two of them. These were a definite hit and went for around $65 as well. Jefra and I also decided to put together a Rees Reunion DVD thanks to Rick's consistent prodding. So I've got a new project to work on for a while and I'm so excited. Jefra's pictures of the Reunion are amazing - expecially of the kids - and we've got some great video clips from aunts, uncles and Grandma and Grandpa. Rick, of course, is "executive producer" of the project and is spilling out ideas all over the place. Now I've got to figure out how to do them all!

1 comment: